At Myriad, our passion for patients drives everything we do. Our products are focused on answering patients’ most pressing questions about disease and providing personalized medicine with the goal of transforming lives. This passion is exemplified by our culture, our employees, and the numerous programs in place to help educate patients, advocate for their needs, and most importantly, help reduce cost barriers to testing so that more patients get the answers they need.
Will genetic testing be covered by insurance?
• 97% of private insurance companies have coverage for hereditary cancer testing
• 3 out of 4 patients pay $0
• $54 is the average patient out-of-pocket cost
• Under the Affordable Care Act, BRCA testing is considered a preventive service with $0 patient out-of-pocket cost for women not currently being treated for breast or ovarian cancer^
What if my patient has a high deductible plan or co-insurance?
Patients with a high deductible or co-insurance may qualify for the Myriad Financial Assistance Program (MFAP) for a reduced out-of-pocket cost of no more than $100.†
What is Myriad’s Financial Assistance Program?
Your patients may qualify if they meet insurance criteria‡ and their household income is less than the income guidelines below:
|Persons in Family or Household
||48 Continuous States & DC
|For each additional person, add
Note: Financial Criteria above are based on the January 2017 U.S. Dept. of Health & Human Services Poverty Guidelines multiplied by three, which are subject to change and can be found at www.MyriadPro.com/mfap (including Alaska and Hawaii). Myriad reserves the right to terminate or modify its Financial Assistance Program at any time.
Myriad also offers testing at no charge to uninsured patients that meet medical criteria and the low income requirements (household incomes up to 300 percent of the Federal poverty level).
How do my patients apply for Myriad’s Financial Assistance Program?
1. Include your patient’s income and the number of family members in their household on the Myriad myRisk Test Request Form (TRF).
2. Provide your patient’s correct email address and phone number on the TRF so Myriad can contact them with further details.
3. Provide income verification (from their most recent tax return) and complete a one-page application.
4. Our customer service representatives will do the rest.
Learn More About Myriad’s Financial Assistance Program
Myriad has a lifetime commitment to removing cost as a potential barrier to patients receiving valuable, accurate test results. If your patient encounters ANY financial hardship associated with their genetic test, Myriad will work with them toward
their complete satisfaction.
For more information:
email us: email@example.com or call (844) 697-4239
^ For patients with a qualifying family history under all non-grandfathered insurance plans
† Patients who are recipients of U.S. government-funded programs such as Medicaid, Medicare, Medicare-Advantage and Tricare may not be eligible.
Myriad has a life time commitment to removing costs as a potential barrier to patients receiving valuable, accurate test results.
‡ Uninsured patients meeting specific financial and medical criteria may qualify to receive testing at no charge.