With the monies raised we will be able to provide support services that include patient advocacy, emotional support through groups or individual, financial support and educational opportunities.
2017 East Coast Shag Testimonials.
*It become more important every year as we get older and means so much to be apart of such a great cause!
*A lot of fun at a very well planned event. It was our first, but definitely not our last!
*All of it! The friendly people, bands, and not having to leave the hotel.
*Being able to see friends, listen and/or dance to great music!
*Well planned and delivered … Organizers were VERY ORGANIZED! A great mix of bands, lessons, social time, testimonies!
*The live music and dancing.
*Music, dancing, being with friends and making new ones.
2016 East Coast Shag Testimonials.
• Wonderfully planned first class charity shag event! The extra amenities of snacks, hors d’oeuvres, champagne /anniversary cake, continental breakfast today / Sunday were very much appreciated. Gospel Train with Bridges & the Big Kahuna was outstanding/motivational/inspirational. Thanks to ALL….it was a terrific time!• Thanks for a great time!
• Thanks for bringing this event to Wilmington.
• Wonderful event – enjoyed very much.
• Overall it was a fantastic event and the committee did an excellent job!! Looking forward to next year!
• Very Good work and we enjoy our visit each time!! Hope to see ya’ll next year. Thanks Again…
• This was our second year, we looked forward to it for months! We enjoyed ourselves thoroughly and can’t wait to attend again next year. Thank you for this wonderful weekend and for all the wonderful things you do for others.
2015 East Coast Shag Testimonials.
• Another phenomenal event – we’re already looking forward to Year 5 of the ECSC! What makes this such an incredible experience is the overall mission and impact that the Women of Hope Foundation has on the lives of so many women with a cancer diagnosis–most in the prime of their lives. Of course we love the entertainment, connecting with friends and lessons…but in the end…it’s about caring for our family, friends and community who need help at the most vulnerable times of their lives. Thank you for hosting such a worthwhile event!
• This event is well planned and organized. Women of Hope is a wonderful organization that takes a holistic approach to treatment and survival. The treatment is just one aspect. Faith, hope and love are the elements that make a difference. Thank you for all you do.
• It was well organized and the people who organized and ran it were very efficient and friendly. We loved that it was raising money to help women with cancer and that they were Christians. We enjoyed our time with friends and made new ones. The music, classes, and accommodations were wonderful. We can’t wait until next year!
• First Class Event! Very well planned & organized….wonderful staff! Good camaraderie with others in attendance…Great bands! Event location / Holiday Inn / Wrightsville is a great spot!
• This is one of the best Events that Judy and I have been to, and The people that put this event on are GREAT!
2014 East Coast Shag Testimonials.
• I want to underscore for the committee and the organization just how much we value this event! Your event would not be possible without so many caring, compassionate and creative leaders such as yourself and your committee, and the Women of Hope leadership team. We have made some incredible friends over the last three years through our participation in this event–and absolutely long to move to the area so we could be more useful to the work that you all do. We enjoyed ourselves beyond our greatest expectations as we have each year. We are thankful to be a part of supporting the needs of women (and their children and significant others) that would otherwise not be addressed. Bottom line – the clients’ testimonies, the music, accommodations, dance floor, dance lessons, DJ, food, hospitality, silent auction, etc., were brilliantly orchestrated and exquisitely executed down to the details–but what’s most important to us is YOU—“YOU” meaning the entire Women of Hope organization and the passion, dedication and hope–that all of you have for each other, the clients you support and the positive results that are powerfully articulated by those you have helped!
• I just wanted to let you know how much we enjoyed last weekend. It was nice to see friends we met last year, and to meet new friends this year. I know there was some scary weather, but everything turned out perfect. The fact that you and everyone in Women of Hope are so very dedicated to helping those affected by cancer is wonderful. The East Coast Shag Classic is such a great event. The credit for a successful event goes to hard working people who care and team work. Women of Hope is a very special group of people and we congratulate all of you for a job well done. Thank you for everything and we are looking forward to next year. We excitedly look forward to the next event – Summer Series–or anything that you all may organize before the summer months! You can always count on us to be there–and to bring at least two more with us! May God continue to bless each and every one of you!
• We had such a wonderful time over the weekend. I commented that it felt like we were among old friends. That doesn’t often happen when we travel around to different events. We met a remarkable group of people and hope to return soon! Thank you for your hospitality.
• We had such a wonderful time at the ECSC last weekend. It was really so nice to see you, Bobby, Penny and all the people that we met last year. Everyone treated us very special. I thank you, Bobby, Sandy and Ken and anyone who helped me with my inability to dance. I’ll never make a great dancer, but I sure had a lot of fun trying. We are so looking forward to next year. We are planning to be there. All of you do a fantastic job of putting this event together. The planning is fantastic and everything is so well organized. Great hotel, great food, great bands, great dance lessons, and great, great friends; everything came together for a great cause – The Women of Hope. Congratulations!!!
2013 East Coast Shag Testimonials.
• Congratulations to all who put this together… it was a wonderful way to spend a weekend and for a deserving cause. I was so glad I was there.
• We will make every effort to return; we loved it!
• The music was great! Having everything in one place was very convenient.
• It was great meeting new people and the bands. It is a very worthy cause where the people who organized it seemed very committed and dedicated. We appreciate the fact that it is a local organization and all the proceeds are used for the cause. Thank to those individuals who gave unselfishly of their time to make it a very organized, enjoyable event.
• Loved everything under one roof! We were first timers and plan to come back near year!
vWe certainly enjoyed the entire weekend. Everything was great and we had a wonderful weekend. Meeting new friends was a blessing and hope we can attend year.
• Everything in one place: Bands/Lessons/Lodging/Food/Shoe Store.
• Every event stayed on schedule. There was plenty of room. The decorations were great. The food and service was 5 Star.
• It was a very well organized weekend. People were extremely friendly. The hotel accommodations and food were excellent. Music choices were great… loved the bands!
• The survivor testimonies were heart felt and they touched our hearts. Women of Hope is a wonderful organization.
2012 East Coast Shag Testimonials.
• I am not very good at putting my feelings on paper but would like to let the Women of Hope organization know what they have done for me this weekend. The name might say Women Of Hope but what you do reaches others in ways you might not know. For the 1st time, in the 19 weeks of living hell on my treatments, I actually felt like myself again. It felt good to be me again. This weekend took away all those negative thoughts and gave me back Hope. Sometimes that is just the thing people need to get them over the hump. This weekend did this, and more, for me. For that I would like to thank you from the bottom of my liver for a fantastic weekend and cannot wait till next year. I look forward to helping with this event 2013 and onwards. Many, many thanks for all your efforts in driving this event.
• Thank you for all you hard work at the Blockade Runner last weekend. We had a wonderful time. We could tell you put a lot of thought and had work into this event, you did a great job. I know you were getting tired at the end, but, you never showed it.
• First, I think each volunteer who participated in putting together the inaugural Women of Hope shag weekend. Everyone did a fabulous job as evidenced by the results and comments I heard from many who were there. The bands were great, particularly The Fantastic Shakers and the Band of Oz! The volunteers were friendly and welcoming and the weather could hardly have been better for February. Congratulations for a job well done!
• We really did have a great time there and look forward to next year….So glad our friends told us about it and it is such a worthy cause…Know it was a lot of hard work for all of you so thanks for a good time.
• I just wanted to send you a note of thanks. We had such a good time this weekend at our first ECSC. Everything was so well planned and well organized. Everyone was so nice and pleasant. The accommodations at the Blockade Hotel were excellent. The staff was so pleasant and helpful with any request that we asked for. And of course we thoroughly enjoyed the bands and the Shagging.
• Even though it was a 6 hour trip for us it was well worth the trip… We heard about ECSC on our local radio station listening to “On the Beach with Charlie Brown”. So thanks to Charlie Brown… It was nice to get out of our car on Friday and not have to get back in the car until time to come home… Again, I know a lot of hard work went into this event and it was “First Class”. Thank you again for a wonderful weekend, and thank you for what you do for Women of Hope!!!!
• I wanted to drop you a line to say thank you for a most delightful weekend. My wife and I had a ball at the Women of Hope event. It was wonderful.
Thank you for your support!
DONATE - Make a Difference!Thank You, Together We Offer Hope!
We Offer HOPE! Help Us Help
Women, Children & Teens Facing Cancer